As I speak to groups around the country I am always asked about how to enjoy work. My first answer is to find your passion, what you love to do, what you find rewarding as a profession, not a hobby. If you can find your passion, what drives you, what is rewarding to you as a person, not just financially, but emotionally satisfying, you will never “work” another day in your life!
When this question comes from people who are in mid-career, it is not quite as simple. Should I throw away the job I have now? What if I can’t make it in this other profession? Not quite as easy at 30-50 years old as it is at 20 something.
Sometimes finding your passion is not as important as the courage it will take to change course and pursue it.
While these decisions are an individual choice, only YOU know how much real passion you have for a new venture. Changing course may NOT be right for some, but for others my questions are these for you to help in your decision. First can you survive a pay cut if that is the situation? Second, how much do you really dislike what you are doing currently? Is there any kind of future for you at your current position? What does your family think about it, and are they supportive, Luke-warm, or negative about it? Third, and MOST important, how much real passion do you have for this? Are you prepared for this new venture? Have you thoroughly researched the DOWNSIDES to it as well as the upsides? And lastly, are you sure passion is driving you and not the dislike you may feel toward what you’re doing now?
When you’ve answered all these questions for yourself and your family, you should be able to make a better decision. Life is finite, someday turns into today very quickly, most of the time, for most of us,” I tried that” is better than ” I wish I had done things different“. In the end, it’s your life and your decision. Whatever you do, decide to do it with passion and enthusiasm!!
Bob TeagueCreate Your BadgeFollow me at facebook
- The best to you and yours this Thanksgiving.. https://t.co/AhRjxpvKMA 3 weeks ago
- The only true power anyone has is all in your ability to face life with a calm, logical mindset. 1 month ago
- https://t.co/xgIATB5bKZ 1 month ago
- The Democratic Party has become a cult, not a political party anymore. Jim Jones would be proud. 1 month ago
- What's wrong today? Sending children to Ceasar to be educated only produces more Romans. 2 months ago
- Unemployment at a 48 year low, but the libs still think Trump has done nothing, as Bill Clinton said "it's the economy stupid".. 2 months ago
- I don't "hate" anyone, some are enemies and some I have absolutely NO respect for, but I don't hate either one, I d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Imagine if you will if everyone on earth could talk to each other in ONE language how much better we would at least understand each other. 3 months ago
- Respect & Civility bobteaguesblog.com/2018/08/14/res… https://t.co/ZnUvccofOR 4 months ago
- Illegitimi non-carborundum or Don’t let them get you down. bobteaguesblog.com/2018/06/12/ill… https://t.co/JHTw4cVmNY 6 months ago