As I speak to groups around the country I am always asked about how to enjoy work. My first answer is to find your passion, what you love to do, what you find rewarding as a profession, not a hobby. If you can find your passion, what drives you, what is rewarding to you as a person, not just financially, but emotionally satisfying, you will never “work” another day in your life!
When this question comes from people who are in mid-career, it is not quite as simple. Should I throw away the job I have now? What if I can’t make it in this other profession? Not quite as easy at 30-50 years old as it is at 20 something.
Sometimes finding your passion is not as important as the courage it will take to change course and pursue it.
While these decisions are an individual choice, only YOU know how much real passion you have for a new venture. Changing course may NOT be right for some, but for others my questions are these for you to help in your decision. First can you survive a pay cut if that is the situation? Second, how much do you really dislike what you are doing currently? Is there any kind of future for you at your current position? What does your family think about it, and are they supportive, Luke-warm, or negative about it? Third, and MOST important, how much real passion do you have for this? Are you prepared for this new venture? Have you thoroughly researched the DOWNSIDES to it as well as the upsides? And lastly, are you sure passion is driving you and not the dislike you may feel toward what you’re doing now?
When you’ve answered all these questions for yourself and your family, you should be able to make a better decision. Life is finite, someday turns into today very quickly, most of the time, for most of us,” I tried that” is better than ” I wish I had done things different“. In the end, it’s your life and your decision. Whatever you do, decide to do it with passion and enthusiasm!!
Follow Blog via Email
Bob TeagueCreate Your BadgeFollow me at facebook
- https://t.co/a5TFB8SZVd 1 day ago
- https://t.co/Z4MUVwseTJ 1 day ago
- https://t.co/Fy10iXO2NY 2 weeks ago
- https://t.co/PATCT2XMYL 2 weeks ago
- https://t.co/vJiHuu3Wzz 3 weeks ago
- If people really knew how quickly People forget the dead, they might stop living to impress others instead of themselves. 3 weeks ago
- https://t.co/NYoD1YUOKK 3 weeks ago
- https://t.co/qrJ2HVIvt4 1 month ago
- https://t.co/PCprMmHIPp 1 month ago
- The Hardest Decision I Ever Made, Left A Gaping Hole in My Heart; A Tribute to Duke. bobteaguesblog.com/2020/06/08/the… 1 month ago