Color Pro PixHere are 10 lessons that I have learned over the years. Some of these were hard to learn, they came from failures, and some come from just plain common sense.

1. Nobody can” make” you happy except yourself. You can decide to be happy or miserable, the choice is yours not anyone else’s.

2. Integrity and personal responsibility will never go out of style, contrary to what we see on television and the news every day, people who have integrity and take responsibility for their lives instead of blaming everything and everybody else for their failures will always be successful.

3. NO is not always the wrong answer. One of the greatest things I have learned is that no is a suitable answer when you are unable to do something or it goes against your ethics and morals. If you learn to say no under these conditions you will be a much happier and contented person. In most personal situations there is no explanation needed after using this word.

4. Gratitude equals happiness. To put it very simply, if you are not satisfied with what you have now, what makes you think you will be satisfied with more?

5. Life is not easy. Anyone who tells you it is, is lying. Life is also not fair, the best advice I can give here is get used to it.

6. Your priorities and will in general determine your happiness and success. What you think is important when you are young will not seem so with age. At a certain age you realize relationships and memories are far more important than careers and money.

7.People are never against you, they are simply FOR themselves. Most people want what you want, but they wanted for themselves. To be successful you must convince them to your way of thinking either through greed, responsibility, duty, or passion.

8. Listening with the intent of understanding will get you farther than speaking without thinking. Most people listen with the intent to respond rather than the intent to understand.

9. No one constantly wants to hear your problems. To be frank, 80% of the people you tell your problems to don’t care and the other 20% are glad you have them.

10. Finally, the most important lesson of them all. The sum total of your life will not be measured by your bank account, your fame, or your power. You will be remembered for those you loved, and those whose lives you touched and made them better. It really is that simple.

This entry was posted in A Balanced Life, A Simple Life, Answers to life's problems, Attitude, Business, Customer Service, Family, Getting It Done, Goals, Leadership, Life, Life Decisions, Management, Motivational, opinion, parenting, Productivity, self-help, Success, Successful Leadership, Uncategorized, Understanding and coping, Workplace and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s