We all make mistakes, to be honest, I can spend the rest of my life blogging about the ones I have made, it is inevitable and a part of life. We make mistakes in our careers, at our jobs, and we make small ones several times a day everyday.
Concerning our jobs and careers, let me make this very clear, there is a difference between an honest mistake and outright incompetency. Persistent and prolonged incompetency usually comes from either arrogance or a sense of entitlement. There is no cure for it until the underlying causes are removed, which in the case of arrogance rarely ever happens.
The most important mistakes we made concern our relationships, both with friends and family. We will make them, again it’s just a part of life. Some will be inconsequential while others can be devastating to ourselves and others.
The path followed by most is” I’m sorry, please forgive me.” For some people this becomes a mantra, a crutch, and excuse to keep making the same mistake over and over. Eventually, the listener becomes immune to this and will either break off the relationship or become heartbroken and depressed or in some cases irate and furious.” I’m sorry, please forgive me” has little or no meaning after being repeated over a long period of time.
I believe in these situations, this” excuse” is used due to a weakened or lack of character and integrity. If you are truly” sorry” the next thing that should be said is” how can I make it up to you, what can I do to make things right?”.
This is the first step in seeking not forgiveness, but redemption, but it will mean little or nothing if not followed by actions to regain trust and respect from the person or persons we had wronged.
There are literally hundreds of thousands of stories of people who have made mistakes and redeemed themselves. Being human, we all love these stories because we know in our hearts that we too will eventually make serious bad decisions that lead to some form of serious mistake. We love the stories of redemption simply because we hope we will have the character and integrity to redeem ourselves when it happens to us.
God Bless your house and all who dwell within. Thanks for reading…
Bob TeagueCreate Your BadgeFollow me at facebook
- What's wrong today? Sending children to Ceasar to be educated only produces more Romans. 6 days ago
- Unemployment at a 48 year low, but the libs still think Trump has done nothing, as Bill Clinton said "it's the economy stupid".. 6 days ago
- I don't "hate" anyone, some are enemies and some I have absolutely NO respect for, but I don't hate either one, I d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Imagine if you will if everyone on earth could talk to each other in ONE language how much better we would at least understand each other. 1 month ago
- Respect & Civility bobteaguesblog.com/2018/08/14/res… https://t.co/ZnUvccofOR 2 months ago
- Illegitimi non-carborundum or Don’t let them get you down. bobteaguesblog.com/2018/06/12/ill… https://t.co/JHTw4cVmNY 4 months ago
- https://t.co/XSxL8amxFE 4 months ago
- If Success is really what you want, make persistence your best friend.🕵️♀️ 4 months ago
- https://t.co/M4LbGdf7op 4 months ago
- https://t.co/N3Xkj2I04p 4 months ago